How Much Does a Heat Recovery System Cost?
Heat recovery systems are a valuable option to consider when looking for the best ways to retain heat in your home whilst increasing air quality and dealing with condensation and humidity, key factors in the battle against mould developing in your home.
With new buildings being made to be as energy efficient as possible, and the UK aiming for 95% of its electricity usage to be low carbon by 2030 it is imperative to understand how we can make the most of our ventilation, this is where heat recovery systems come in.
In this blog we will answer the question, how much does a heat recovery system cost?
To prevent mould, fresh air should constantly be introduced into your dwelling daily, as it helps to regulate temperature and reduce condensation. Introducing fresh air can be as simple as having a ventilation routine, or installing extractors or PIV systems. Almost all of this is facilitated by ducting.
I-Sells is here to provide the answers you need whilst also supplying you with all the information you need to combat mould and have a well-ventilated home.
What is a heat recovery system? What does it do?
A heat recovery system has the benefit of keeping your home energy efficient and warm, whilst maintaining ventilation. Heat recovery systems vary in size, some can be made just for a singular room, whilst others are made for your whole home.
The aim of a heat recovery system, aside from recovering any heat that is lost through ventilation, is to create an environment in which condensation, and consequently mould can’t survive in.
The advantages of heat recovery systems are the following:
- Holds all the benefits of an extractor, this includes removal of stale air, humidity and smells.
- The process of the heat recovery system results in an energy-efficient outcome, meaning that there is a possibility you can save money on energy bills in the long term.
- It helps to prevent the cultivation of mould through the removal of humidity.
- Temperature sensors ensure that additional heat is not being added to the atmosphere of the home if it is already hot.
- Heat recovery systems take a lot of the burden from you conducting a ventilation routine. This is ideal for a vulnerable person.
Do heat recovery systems kill mould?
No, heat recovery systems do not directly destroy mould, if you already have mould in your home, having a heat recovery system will not make it disappear, you must address it by removing it, this can be done through mould removal products / addressing the cause of the mould.
That being said, heat recovery systems serve to prevent the environment neccassary for mould to grow. Although it cant kill mould, it can make sure the environment is not habitable for it.
Benefits of heat recovery systems
Here are some further benefits of having a heat recovery unit:
- Less of a need to use your central heating frequently as the heat generated through your house is recycled through the heat recovery unit.
- The recycling of indoor air without removal keeps the air fresh without having to lose any heat which is vital, especially in winter.
- Helps to create an environment not fit for mould and condensation
- The reduced use of heating as a result of the heat conservation granted by a heat recovery unit can help you save on energy bills.
How much does a heat recovery system cost?
Heat recovery systems vary in price depending on the size of the system you opt for, the variety in price reflects the amount of rooms the system can cover, along with premium features that may be available with the models in question.
I-Sells offers a wide variety of options when it comes to ventilation systems, including heat recovery systems, with that being said, below are a couple of examples we offer along with their price, full our full range of our heat recovery items, click here.
Nuaire MRXBOX95AB-WM1 – Wall-Mounted Multi Room Heat Recovery Unit With Automatic Bypass – £1541.76
the MRXBOX95AB-WM1 is ideal for small to medium-sized houses and apartments, as it can be mounted in either a wall or cupboard. It incorporates the most efficient low-voltage DC fans, a counter-flow heat exchanger and easily accessible controls. Added to extremely low noise levels and minimal maintenance requirements, this is an ideal way to provide effective MVHR new-build properties.
- Compact, lightweight and easy to install
- Fan controls designed for quick and easy commissioning
- Easily accessible filters from front cover – no tools required
- Integrated, automatic summer bypass
- Code 3 or above through SAP Q eligible products
- Part F & L building regulation compliant
- Constant quiet running fans to ensure occupant acceptability
- Integral frost protection
- With 5 year warranty: 1 year parts and labour, remaining years parts only (UK and Ireland only).
Click here to view the full product details.
Blauberg Heat Recovery Ventilation Unit – Silent MVHR System – Slimline Low Profile and Void Mounting – Komfort Ultra – £420.00
Komfort Ultra D105-A is a single room (dual with short duct runs) heat recovery unit with controllable air exchange for creating the best heat comfort in your home.
This unit is controlled by an external speed switch to control the units three fan speeds.A highly efficient, affordable heat recovery ventilation unit. It delivers filtered, fresh air into your home, and extracts stale, moist and dirty air with minimal heat loss.
Extract air from 1 kitchen and 1 wet room (bathroom, toilet, shower room) and deliver fresh air to 2 living/sleeping rooms. OR Extract air from 2 wet rooms (bathroom + en-suite) and deliver fresh air to 2 bedrooms.
Click here to view the full details of this product
Kair Trakmaster 125 Slimline Heat Recovery Ventilation Unit – £399.00
An extremely cost-effective heat recovery ventilation unit specifically designed for single rooms, small apartments, flats or houses. It is also ideal for retrofitting into houses as a damp and condensation solution.
The unit is a single-room (dual with short duct runs) heat recovery unit with controllable air exchange for creating the best heat comfort in your home. This unit is controlled by an external speed switch to control the unit’s three fan speeds.
A highly efficient, affordable heat recovery ventilation unit. It delivers filtered, fresh air into your home, and extracts stale, moist and dirty air with minimal heat loss.
Click here to see all the product details.
You need a heat recovery system if…
- You find condensation in your home regularly
- You ventilate your home naturally but it makes your home uncomfortable
Heat recovery system or an extractor fan?
Between the two, you should analyze the effectiveness of your heating system, if your heating isn’t as good as you feel it should be, a heat recovery system may be the better option for you. Regardless, you should get in contact with us directly to help you through any choices you need to make.
Invest in heat recovery systems today
We at I-Sells endeavour to ensure our customers have all the information they need before investing in our mould solutions. Be sure to visit our blog page to learn about the vast array of factors and issues surrounding ventilation, mould, condensation, and much more.
We hope to have answered the question ‘How much does a heat recovery system cost?’
We understand you may have more questions, Do not hesitate to contact us for more information about whatever you need our help with. If you’d like to send us an email, click here. For other contact options, see below:
Call us on 020 8463 9696
Visit us at our showroom:
Monday – Friday: 8:00 am to 5:30 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am to 12:00 pm
15 St John’s Parade